Brave Hearts Estate is a 238 acre ranch that was donated to Operation Injured Soldiers by a patriot and generous supporter of our injured veterans. Opened in the spring of 2015, Brave Hearts serves as a place for veterans and their family to relax and enjoy time away in a country setting. Our veterans enjoy home cooked meals and bed and breakfast style lodging completely free of charge. The main house has 7 bedrooms, a dining room, family room, living room, and large fully equipped kitchen and laundry room. The estate is wheelchair accessible on the main floor. A full time caretaker /manager will be on site 24/7 to support vets and their families.
Located in the northern tip of Michigan, Brave Hearts is just 15 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge. Veterans & their families can enjoy many nearby attractions:
- Shop in Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Charlevoix
- Ski at local resorts (Boyne, Nubs Knob)
- Swim, fish or kayak in Lake Michigan or one of the nearby smaller lakes (within 5 miles of multiple bodies of water)
- Go sightseeing in Mackinaw City & the historic Mackinac Island
- Take a Scenic Drive in nearby Tunnel of Trees
- Go hiking, biking or snowmobiling on local trails